Photo by Richard Hurd
Society of St. Vincent de Paul -- District Council of Madison, Inc.
- Non-Profit Organizations
The District Council of Madison Society of St. Vincent de Paul ("St. Vinny's") is an international charity with a local presence that serves Dane county "neighbors in need" with a food pantry, charitable pharmacy, separate men's and women's (with children) housing program, vouchers for free furniture, bedding, housewares and clothing, and volunteer provided friendship, support and referrals to additional services. Our seven Dane County stores turn donations of goods into affordable purchases for families with low incomes and treasures for thrifters. One-third of donations are given free to families through the voucher program.
- Food pantry with fresh and culturally varied foods open Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. and Sat.
- Charitable pharmacy for uninsured individuals open Mon., Wed., and Thurs.
- Free home pickup for donated goods - call 608-278-2920
- Seven stores in Dane County
- Housing Program for single men and women w/without children
Service Center on Fish Hatchery Rd., north of the beltline, on the corner of Fish Hatchery and Culmen Street. Store locations - please visit www.shopsaintvinnys.org