Photo by Richard Hurd
Chamber Events Calendar
Grow your network effect
Chance, opportunity and prosperity favor the connected. Through our events, programs and resources, the Chamber is providing value to our members as a connector to ideas, people and business.
Blind Spots: Challenging Assumptions to Make You a Stronger Leader
Our experiences and background affect how we see the world; it is where our assumptions are formed. In this Interactive one day class you will learn how assumptions influence your effectiveness as a leader. We will review what assumptions are and how they impact your thinking. We will use exercises and class discussions to identify how and when assumptions should be challenged so that they can be utilized in the workplace to make you a better leader
Who should attend?
Business owners, managers and emerging leaders.
- What is an assumption
- Where do assumptions come from
- Why do we make assumptions and when might they be useful
- Why it may be helpful/harmful to challenge assumptions
- Identifying and understanding your assumptions
- Consequences of assumptions in the workplace
- Identifying and understanding the assumptions of others
- Strategies to challenge assumptions